At Generator hostels we are obsessed in delivering outstanding service through a personal touch. As a Receptionist Team Member , you must be part of ensuring that the Front Office department is run smoothly ensuring that there is a relentless desire to “wow” our customers at every opportunity, ensuring that customers needs are exceeded.
Your main tasks are:
- As Receptionist your ultimate goal during each shift is that you have endeavoured to ensure that the needs of the customers have been met and exceeded at each interaction.
- At every opportunity you have created a positive impression on the customer thus ensuring that they will remember their experience at Generator.
- To respond quickly and efficiently to all customer requests and enquiries, ensuring that you maintain a “can do” attitude at all times.
- Keeping the PRIDE behaviours in mind, ensure that during your shift you remain focused on the customers and their needs demonstrating belief in the Generator Brand and how to WOW the guest.
- Where an opportunity may arise, ensure that you are upselling and cross selling throughout your departments.
- Ensuring that when on shift you are fully briefed, engaged and committed to delivering a true Generator experience.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail. To respond quickly and efficiently to all guests when they approach you at Reception, communicating in a friendly and polite manner.
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy.
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximizing bedroom sales opportunities.
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to the Maintenance department/Duty Manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment.
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management.
- Be a point of support for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as first point of Reception contact for guests and the emergency services.
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training and workbooks.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws.
- Carry out instructions given by the management team, Duty managers and your shift leaders.
- To adhere to customer service standards as per training from your Managers/Shift Leaders, and to continue to maintain all standards as specified in your Standard Operating Procedures Handbook and Foundation Skills training.
- To respond to all customer issues/complaints in a caring and empathetic manner by listening and showing your care and by giving your undivided attention. Handling any issues/complaints immediately, within your authorisations and in line with company policy. Finding the right solution for each guest and earning their trust by following through. Inform your Manager/Shift Leaders/Duty Manager of these issues and how you dealt with them.
- To provide assistance to the Revenue Team with answering telephone enquiries and taking telephone reservations as required by business demands and at your Manager’s discretion.
- To take walk in reservations and stay over reservations in line with the guidelines set out in the daily briefing between the Revenue Manager/Supervisor and your Manager/Shift Leaders.
- To ensure that high standards of work are being achieved, thereby maximising sales, revenue and customer satisfaction, measurable by internal and external guest ratings.
- Assist in keeping the hostel reception area clean and tidy, at all times.
Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive.
To apply, please email your CV, in English to email@example.com with the Job Title of the position you are applying for.