Operations Manager Hamburg
The overall role of the Operations Manager is to assist the General Manager in ensuring the effective and smooth running of the entire building. This will include all staffing issues, building issues, revenue/sales and the overall guest experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting and interviewing staff as and when required for all operational department.
- To ensure that all staff have been trained to a high standard on company policies/fire training/health and safety and customer service (induction training). Also to ensure that all staff are being re-trained where necessary, particularly if new policies or ideas are introduced.
- In the absence of the GM you will be required to sign off timesheets and all overtime.
- To ensure the standards of work expected are being achieved by all staff and department managers.
- Conduct appraisals with all the operational heads of departments.
- To keep good discipline within the team, whilst ensuring everyone gets fairly treated.
- To liaise with HR to ensure staff is being disciplined when appropriate and that this is kept consistent within all departments.
- Oversee the entire building and delegate tasks to the relevant staff members to ensure that all necessary check-lists, forms, spread sheets etc are completed.
- Make your own decisions in line with our company policies, so you are able to deal with any issues/complaints/book outs/problems that arise during your shift. Work with the GM and the designated Health and Safety person and ensure that the company complies with all health and safety legislation.
- To monitor and look at all parts of our guests experience and to come up with as many new ideas as possible based on your experiences to improve the overall guest experience.
- To be aware of our competitors and the growing market and attend events, conferences and meetings to ensure we are growing with the market and that we are consistently improving our product.
- Alongside the GM go through the accounts on a monthly basis to ensure that costs and sales are on budget.
- Required to work DM shifts. You are then responsible for the building, complaints, guest experience etc.
- Oversee the Front Office operation. A strong understanding of Front Office department and accommodation system.
- You should have a flexible attitude towards your work hours to ensure the effective running of the building. You will be required to work as per the needs of the business.
Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive.
To apply, please email your CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title of the position you are applying for.