F&B Manager – Hamburg
At Generator we believe in creating welcoming, fun and inspiring environments for our guests and team. We pride ourselves on being a team of globally minded, genuinely caring and friendly individuals. It’s these values coupled with our unquenchable passion for service which creates the unique culture that is Generator.
Generator Brand = Generator Customer.
At Generator hostels we are obsessed in delivering outstanding service through a personal touch.
If you truly embrace a beautiful dining experience and love sharing it, please apply for our exciting Food & Beverage position in Hamburg.
As the Manager of Food & Beverage in both sites, your main purpose will be to maximise sales and revenue through creativity and your relentless desire to ‘wow’ our customers.
What you will be doing…
- To formulate the Food and Beverage Budget annually, agree it, delegate it and control it throughout the upcoming year, reporting to the General Manager reasons for all variances of actual costs within budget or over budget and then recommending suitable action for the variances
- To control weekly payroll to the monthly budget and take appropriate action to obtain the best results
- To develop strong relationships with suppliers guaranteeing GH the best prices available so that we can pass this value to our customers
- To be responsible for the smooth and effective running of the day to day operation of all Food and Beverage outlets
- To continuously ‘raise the bar’ by improving the standards of performance, redefining the hostel experience by achieving outstanding customer satisfaction
- To work with the kitchen Chef to incessantly match and improve the expected food quality standards of the hostel, and at the same time ensure profitability in the service and the production of food
- To sample all food and beverage products, both items and service, thereby ensuring constant quality control
- To creatively plan, organise and control the production of all menus, ensuring exciting menu content, design and profitable but market sensitive price structure
- To demonstrate a personal interest in maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends, in order to create Food and Beverage products which will ‘wow’ our customers and enable the maximisation of sales opportunities
- To excite team members with creative initiatives so that the whole team actively promote in-house sales activities including: specialities of the day and the daily menu’s
- To Identify potential markets and develop new customer segments
- To bring ‘life’ and excitement to all parties and events and to ensure that they are being effectively promoted and embraced by the employees
- To work together with our Events Co-ordinator to maximise customer enjoyment
- To demonstrate the unique Generator hostel style of communicating that creates an impact and engages others e.g. Front line employees, peers, customers and management
- To act as a mentor to people at lower levels in the organisation
- To Focus on the training and development of our employees
- In conjunction with the Assistant F&B Manager and the Human Resource Manager, select and recruit ‘brand-fit’ employees for the F&B operation
- To oversee the training and development of all Food and Beverage staff, by ensuring that effective on – and off-the-job training is carried out by the appropriate trainer
- In conjunction with the Assistant F&B Manager and the Human Resource Manager carry out the hostel’s disciplinary and grievance procedures, ensuring total confidentiality
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in handling general correspondence, filing, records, and reports
- Ensure smooth running of group organisation, Hen and Stag parties and any other events taking place by overall co-ordination with Front Office , Reservations and Welcome Host staff, ensuring that all staff on shift are fully briefed, engaged and committed to deliver a true Generator experience
- To carefully monitor customer comments, ensuring the decline of undesirable reviews
- To eagerly perform all duties applicable to the Generator Hostel
- To be responsive by carrying out as required, duty management shifts, which involves overall responsibility for the hostel operation
- In conjunction with cooks to cook the meals of the day in the absence of the Head Chef
- To be able to work within any outlet of the F&B department as required
- Any other special duties or work outside the daily and weekly routine, but within the overall scope of the position
What you will need…
- A very high proficiency in English and Spanish
- A considerable amount of experience at a Food and Beverage Manager level within a busy and large hotel or hostel
- Previous experience of working within high volume food and beverage outlets
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels with diverse groups of colleagues in a way that that appears natural and effortless
- Experience of managing a large team
- To ensure team adherence to all company policies
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and management skills to motivate and empower the teams to achieve revenue and budgetary targets
- Offer a market competitive salary
- Grow and develop you
- Reward you for high performance
- Cultivate an inspiring work environment
- Encourage you to express yourself and your ideas
- Offer opportunities within your current hostel, Head Office and our other hostels across Europe
If you dare to dream, apply within.