Cluster Reservations Manager – Berlin Prenzlauer Berg
- Regional function for 2 Berlin properties -
Generator is setting the pace for hostels across Europe and fast becoming the place to be. Offering safe, design-led, urban, boutique style accommodation that’s not hard on the travelers pocket. We promise our guests a unique stay and to leave them with incredible memories. Help us to create an unforgettable experience. Join Generator, we’re definitely more than a hostel.
Total responsibility for the smooth running of all processes within the reservations and on-site revenue department, in accordance with the company standards. Monitoring and achieving departmental budgets by optimizing available systems and resources to increase revenue while communicating the sales strategy to all concerned at all times. Manage, develop & coach direct reports within the on site reservations & revenue team.
Role and Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the smooth, speedy and efficient workflow in the reservation department by developing and implementing a productive work environment.
- Accurate and timely processing of incoming reservation requests from all channels.
- Handling of reservations and inventory on all applicable channels including third parties with or without direct connectivity.
- Active participation in group reservation process and ensure that all group business related reports are maintained properly and group conversion is within acceptable limits as defined by the company.
- Closely monitor volume and response times for all group enquiries, ensuring a robust follow up to enquiries is carried out in line with company standards.
- Ensure all telephone enquiries and calls are handled in an efficient, timely and friendly manner demonstrating care and eagerness to help.
- Ensure all yielding guidelines are discussed, implemented and adhered to in order to achieve business mix defined by Cluster Revenue Manager.
- Manage inventory, input and maintenance of online bookings through all online distribution channels.
- Keep all systems, interfaces and channels up to date and accurate at all times while maintaining parity.
- Responsible for achieving desired market share ensuring implementation of pricing strategy and maintaining accurate inventory in all systems.
- Prepare and be responsible for daily pick up, forecasts, booking statistics or any other report as defined or requested by Central Revenue.
- Participation / representation at various trade fairs, work- shops and conferences as requested from time to time.
- Conducting site visits and show rounds of the hostel.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Decision making
- Analytical thinking
- Previous work experience in Germany is beneficial
- Fluent in German and English