Berlin City Tax
Hello there hostel goers. The Berlin Senate have implemented a new tax on accommodation which will commence as of January 1st 2014. Let us break it down for you:
Tax starts: as of 01.01.2014
Tax rate: 5% of total price of bookings (incl. VAT)
- For stays up to 21 nights only, any longer stays are from the 22nd night onwards free of City Tax.
- Not for guests travelling on business trips
- Business trips have to be proved or confirmed by company or by using the self-certification form.
- The tax cannot be included in our own prices due it being collected on behalf of the Berlin authorities but it will be specified on all hostel invoices.
- All of our rates are inclusive of VAT and City Tax, for exclusions please contact the hostels directly to request the exemption forms.
We hope this doesn’t cause too much inconvenience to your plans and arrangements and we will do everything we can to give you as much info as possible.